Our New Zealand Wool Water-Repellent Ripstop Canvas Medium Weight Winter Turnout Horse Blankets were designed to keep your horse comfortable during harsh fall and winter weather. The warm New Zealand wool lining on these blankets will insulate your horse and help keep them warm even if it’s wet, while also wicking away sweat and water from your horse. The sturdy rip-stop canvas lining was designed to hold up against even the roughest horses. This blanket is also ideal for other equines such as donkeys and mules.
Water Resistant Construction: this blanket is made from a water-resistant canvas fabric that helps to prevent rain and snow from permeating the blanket and getting your horse wet. These blankets are not completely waterproof though and are not recommended for long-term use in wet or damp conditions due to the possibility of mildew. These blankets can be treated with products to make them fully waterproof if desired.
- RIPSTOP CANVAS CONSTRUCTION - this blanket is made of a rip-stop, water-resistant duck canvas outer shell, which provides extra protection against the elements while remaining sturdy and helping to prevent tips, tears, or other damage to the blanket.
- PURE NEW ZEALAND WOOL LINING - this blanket is made of a pure New Zealand wool lining, which provides warmth and insulation even when wet, is breathable, moisture-wicking, and sourced from eco-friendly, renewable fibers.
- STURDY LEATHER REINFORCEMENTS - this blanket features attractive London Tan, heavy-duty leather reinforcements on the chest and shoulder gussets, leather leg straps, and a leather belly surcingle.
- ADJUSTABLE, COMFORTABLE FIT - this blanket features an adjustable chest and belly, as well as a soft fleece wither protector and shoulder protectors on either side and a cozy, soft New Zealand wool lining.
- PREMIUM FEATURES - this blanket is built to last with premium features such as leather reinforcements and strapping, a pure New Zealand wool lining, a rip-stop duck canvas outer shell, and three fleece pads around the neck.
This turnout sheet is sized in the same manner that you will size any other horse blanket: by measuring, in inches, from the center of your horse’s chest to the end of your horse’s rump. If your horse is in-between sizes, we recommend sizing up to the closest available size.