Derby Originals Superior Slow Feed Soft Mesh Hanging Hay Nets for Horses offer a superior slow feeding option to traditional hay nets. Unlike standard hay nets, which are made of brittle and easily fraying and breaking poly rope, our hay nets are made from soft mesh rope that has an incredibly high breaking strength, is long-lasting, and is UV, mold, and mildew resistant. Our slow feed hay nets have been carefully designed to be comfortable for your horse to use and eat from and are more gentle on their teeth and gums than traditional hay nets or other feeders. Our hay nets are available in a wide array of sizes and colors so that you can find the perfect net for you and your horse!
Please be aware that all Derby Originals soft mesh hay nets are made by hand, and may have slight variation in overall size and the size of the openings. All measurements and capacities listed are approximate. The amount of hay that our hay nets can hold varies greatly due to the type of hay being fed, the dimensions of the hay bale, and the size of the hay flake.
- PREVENTS EXCESS HAY WASTAGE - our slow feed hay nets are designed to help you save money and reduce waste by over 50%. These hay nets prevent hay from being scattered or soiled which is beneficial to your horse's health as well as your wallet.
- IMPROVES YOUR HORSE'S DIGESTION - hay nets allow you to slow feed your horse, which mimics natural grazing patterns and is proven to aid the digestive process. Slow feeding is recommended by veterinarians to prevent gastric ulcers and colic.
- REDUCES BOREDOM - horses are designed to spend up to 16 hours a day grazing. Slow feeding replicates this natural behavior and keeps your horse occupied longer, which helps to prevent boredom-based bad behaviors such as chewing, cribbing, and pacing.
- EXCLUSIVE SOFT MESH DESIGN - our slow feed hay nets are made from a soft but durable poly rope that is better for your horse's teeth and gum health and more comfortable to eat from than hard metal feeders and traditional hay nets.
- HOLDS APPROX. 8-12 FLAKES - this slow feed hay net can hold about 8-12 flakes or up to a full 2-string or square bale of hay. These hay nets are great for everyday feeding and can be used in stalls, trailers, and pastures.
Updated October 2020
Please read our updated terms as they have changed due to COVID-19.
Due to health and safety concerns from the current COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot accept returns on any used merchandise. Used returns will be refused and returned to the buyer or destroyed.
30 Day Return Policy
Eligible products in new condition purchased directly from Tack Wholesale LLC qualify to be returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase. All return or exchange products must be in new and unused condition (in the original packaging with all tags and inserts intact) to qualify to receive a refund. New and unused condition is defined as the product being in the same condition as it was received.
Tack Wholesale LLC is not responsible for any return shipping charges except in the case of incorrectly sent or defective merchandise. We will determine this at our discretion, and this does not apply to any Bargain Bin, Closeout, or Scratch and Dent items. In cases where we have determined an item to be defective, we will provide the customer with a pre-paid return shipping label at our discretion. If you believe you have received an incorrect or defective product, please submit a return request with a detailed explanation of this issue. Please keep in mind that we may require photos of the merchandise you received before this label can be issued.
All returns requests must be sent through the return form below. All returns must be initiated by the customer within 30 days of purchase. Returns must be postmarked before the end of the 30 day period. Return requests placed outside of this period will not be accepted.
If you would like to exchange the product you ordered for a different size/color, you can do so by returning your original product in new and unused condition and then placing a new order for the product you want.
Bargain Bin and Closeout Return Policy
Bargain Bin, Closeout, Scratch and Dent, Last Piece, or Warehouse Find products are not eligible for returns or refunds. For these products, all sales are final.
These products are heavily discounted and we will do our best to accurately photograph and describe these products. Please note that some items may have minor marks or imperfections not specifically stated on the listing.
How to Submit a Return
To return a product, please fill out the return form below. We will respond to your return request within *1-3 business days with instructions for how to return your product and a return authorization (RA) number. Once our returns department has received your return package back, they will inspect your return within 1-3 business days, and initiate your refund.
Product Warranty Issues
Please note that we are not responsible for honoring product warranties, these warranties are offered by the product manufacturer and you must directly contact them regarding these issues. Before you contact the product manufacturer regarding warranty coverage, please ensure you have properly registered your product on their website to activate the warranty.
I love these hay bags. My only issue is that I only received one bag when it states set of 2. I hope to receive my other hay bag soon.
Been using these for a month now and love them. They hold over half a bale of hay and so far are holding up to my aggressive eaters.
Perfect size. First 6 flakes