This slow feed cover is for hay boxes. The cover has smaller openings to limit the rate that the horse consumes the hay. It has a metal frame to help the cover keep its shape. Most hay boxes come with a metal grid that can get hot in the summer and horses can accidentally hurt their teeth and gums on it. The cover made by Derby Originals is made from a durable nylon material that will not hurt your horse while eating.
- THREE OPENING SIZES – these hay box covers are available in 1.75×1.75”, 2×2”, and 1.75×3.5” hole styles to suit your needs and your horse’s feeding preferences.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION – with a strong metal frame and heavy-duty stitching on the double-ply nylon, this design is built to last and stand up to years of wear and tear from your horses.
- STEEL FRAME SIZING – the cold-rolled steel frames measure 32" × 22.5”, which is large enough for most hay boxes and will allow for your horse to have plenty of hay.
- A SAFER ALTERNATIVE – these hay box covers are made with a heavy-duty 1” wide double-ply nylon mesh. Regular metal hay box grates can cause severe tooth and gum damage over time, but with nylon, your horse’s mouth won’t get irritated or cut as they eat.
- PERFECT FOR DIY PROJECTS – if you’re making your horse a DIY hay box, these grates are perfect to use because of their safe nylon design, the ability to use multiple grates for larger feeders, and the ability to mix and match or swap out opening sizes.
Updated October 2020
Please read our updated terms as they have changed due to COVID-19.
Due to health and safety concerns from the current COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot accept returns on any used merchandise. Used returns will be refused and returned to the buyer or destroyed.
30 Day Return Policy
Eligible products in new condition purchased directly from Tack Wholesale LLC qualify to be returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase. All return or exchange products must be in new and unused condition (in the original packaging with all tags and inserts intact) to qualify to receive a refund. New and unused condition is defined as the product being in the same condition as it was received.
Tack Wholesale LLC is not responsible for any return shipping charges except in the case of incorrectly sent or defective merchandise. We will determine this at our discretion, and this does not apply to any Bargain Bin, Closeout, or Scratch and Dent items. In cases where we have determined an item to be defective, we will provide the customer with a pre-paid return shipping label at our discretion. If you believe you have received an incorrect or defective product, please submit a return request with a detailed explanation of this issue. Please keep in mind that we may require photos of the merchandise you received before this label can be issued.
All returns requests must be sent through the return form below. All returns must be initiated by the customer within 30 days of purchase. Returns must be postmarked before the end of the 30 day period. Return requests placed outside of this period will not be accepted.
If you would like to exchange the product you ordered for a different size/color, you can do so by returning your original product in new and unused condition and then placing a new order for the product you want.
Bargain Bin and Closeout Return Policy
Bargain Bin, Closeout, Scratch and Dent, Last Piece, or Warehouse Find products are not eligible for returns or refunds. For these products, all sales are final.
These products are heavily discounted and we will do our best to accurately photograph and describe these products. Please note that some items may have minor marks or imperfections not specifically stated on the listing.
How to Submit a Return
To return a product, please fill out the return form below. We will respond to your return request within *1-3 business days with instructions for how to return your product and a return authorization (RA) number. Once our returns department has received your return package back, they will inspect your return within 1-3 business days, and initiate your refund.
Product Warranty Issues
Please note that we are not responsible for honoring product warranties, these warranties are offered by the product manufacturer and you must directly contact them regarding these issues. Before you contact the product manufacturer regarding warranty coverage, please ensure you have properly registered your product on their website to activate the warranty.