Derby Originals Windstorm Series Turnout Blanket
Keep your horse protected from harsh winter weather conditions with this blanket by Derby Originals. The innovative design components make this blanket breathable, waterproof, highly durable and most importantly- comfortable.
- A 1200 denier heavy duty outer shell designed with ripstop nylon. This material is designed with a special weave pattern to ensure the blanket can stand up to common horse behaviors in the pasture such as biting, chewing and tugging. This material is also waterproof and breathable.
- Filled with 300 grams of poly-fil for medium and heavyweight warmth to withstand freezing temperatures, as well as wet and windy winter weather conditions.
- Inner lining designed with 210T smooth nylon to wick away moisture, and to keep your horse's coat clean, glossy and rub-free.
- Reflective trim on front shoulder, neck cover and tail cover to make certain you can see your horse outside at all times and to ensure safety during peak hunting season.
- Fleece wither protectors to prevent wither sores and rubs.
- Extended front shoulder gussets for increased movement capability. Your horse will be able to run and play comfortably outdoors.
- Adjustable low cross surcingle closures to ensure a correct fit.
- Adjustable, removable elastic leg straps to keep the blanket in place and prevent shifting.
- Double snap adjustable front end closures to make sure the neck opening of the blanket fits snugly and unexposed from winter weather elements.
- Tail cover to provide additional security to the tailbone and surrounding structures.
- Optional: Detachable Neck Cover for added warmth and security. The neck cover is designed with the same material as the blanket.
- Material: 1200 Denier Rip Stop, waterproof, breathable Nylon
- Fill: 300 grams poly-fil
- Weight: Medium and heavyweight
Important Consumer Information:
Measuring for the Blanket: It is important to measure your horse to ensure a proper fitting blanket. Improper fitting blankets can be less effective and uncomfortable for your horse. You will need a tape measure, and then follow the instructions below:
- Get your horse to stand as square as possible.
- Start your measure at the center of the horse's chest.
- Measure from the center of your horse's chest alongside the body to the where the hind quarters meet the tail. This length is your horse blanket size.
- If you are between sizes, round up.
Choosing the perfect blanket:
As the horse owner, you are aware of your horse's environment and behaviors. These behaviors are important to take into account when purchasing a blanket. A few things to keep in mind:
- If your horse is a pacer or likes to run more so than the average horse in the field you may want to consider choosing a lesser weight of poly-fil. If a blanket is too heavy for a horse, this directly affects the moisture wicking capability of the blanket. If your horse is too hot, the blanket's moisture-wicking design may not be able to keep up with the pace of the increasing moisture.
- If your horse does not have access to shelter when turned out into the field or pasture, it is important to monitor climate change. While turnout blankets are designed to be waterproof, some areas of the blanket are still susceptible to heavy, prolonged precipitation. If your horse cannot escape this type of weather with a shed or run in, there is a risk they may end up wet.
- Be mindful of strap adjustments. If the blanket straps are too tight or too lose fitting, they are at an increased risk for breaking and tearing the blanket.
- Be mindful of pasture hazards. 1200 Denier is designed to withstand common horse pasture behaviors, however, pasture hazards such as fence posts, nails and various material, fallen trees, and tree branches can easily tear blankets regardless of the denier. Always ensure you are inspecting pastures and removing these hazards to increase the lifetime of your horse's turnout blanket.
Tack Wholesale Return Policy
- Our return period lasts for thirty days after your package arrives. During this time, you may return any non-defective, unused item with tags to us for a refund. It is the buyers responsibility to pay return shipping in the case of issues like wanting a different color/size, changing your mind about the order, ordering the wrong product, etc. We will not pay return shipping for cases such as this. All returns will have a 20% re-stocking fee.
- In the case of an issue with your order, such as receiving the wrong color/size/type of item, we will pay return shipping at our discretion, as well as the cost of shipping to send you the correct item if an exchange is desired.
- Saddle returns and most other returns are not allowed after the thirty day period has passed. At our discretion, we may allow select returns or exchanges after this period but they will include a 20% re-stocking fee at minimum. We will not pay shipping after the fourteenth day- all shipping will be the buyer’s responsibility.
- If you would like to exchange a product you ordered for another color, size, or style, you may do so at your own cost by paying the shipping to return the unused item you wish to exchange. Once we have received your exchanged item and verified that it has not been used, we will send out your exchange item, with the buyer being responsible for the shipping costs.
- All of our saddles are eligible to be returned within thirty days of receiving your item, with a 20% re-stocking fee deducted. Used saddles will not be accepted. If your saddle is found to be used upon return (things like horsehair on the underside, the saddle being dirty, etc.), your return will not be accepted. Your options then will either be to pay to have the saddle returned to you, to pick the saddle up at our warehouse, or forfeit the return of the saddle and your refund.
- If you are looking to return a product because of a defect/issue covered by an existing warranty, then you must contact the manufacturer of the product and not us. We are not responsible for manufacturer warranties as the seller and cannot honor them. It is the buyers responsibility to contact the manufacturer and register their warrantied products. If you contact us with a warranty issue, all we can do is help you get in contact with the manufacturer.
- Any items that are marked “Closeout,” “Bargain Bin,” or “Scratch and Dent” are not eligible for returns under any circumstances. These items are deeply discounted and are considered final sales. No refunds will be issued for these products. In select cases we may allow for returns/exchanges of these products for store credit, as well as a 20% re-stocking fee and the buyer will be responsible for any shipping costs.
Returns Before 30 Days After Package Arrival
Returns on Wrong Items/Defected Products
Returns After 30 Days After Package Arrival
Saddle Return Policy
Closeout, Bargain Bin, and Scratch and Dent Returns
How Do I Submit A Return Request?
How Long Will it Take to Receive my Refund?
- Once your return request has been received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 business days.
Have a Question About This Item?
Contact InformationYou may Contact Us via the Following Options:
-Between 9am – 5pm Monday - Friday
Via Facebook Messenger