Our Extreme Elements Collection 1200D Ballistic Nylon Triple Gusset Heavyweight Waterproof Horse Turnout Blanket with Removable Hood was designed to be the best blanket for any weather situation, no matter how extreme. This blanket has 400g of polyfill to cut any chance of drafts from cold winds and keep your horse cozy and warm in sub-zero temperatures. Our blanket also features a triple side gusset design to give your horse maximum freedom of movement. This blanket has a ballistic nylon outer shell, which is our strongest and most tear, cut, and damage-resistant blanket material. This blanket also comes with a removable hood to protect your horse’s neck from freezing weather and snow.
Waterproof Construction: this blanket is made from a waterproof nylon material covered in a Teflon coating. These blankets are guaranteed to be fully waterproof unless the blanket is ripped/torn, or the Teflon coating is damaged through improper washing or cleaning, or abuse of the blanket.
- THE PERFECT WINTER BLANKET - this blanket is the perfect winter blanket for almost any horse and climate, due to it’s highly adjustable and classic features, hefty 400g of Polyfil, sturdy ripstop nylon shell, and included matching hood.
- COMFORTABLE, ADJUSTABLE FIT - this blanket features triple gussets for advanced freedom of movement, a soft fleece wither protector, and a soft 210T nylon inner lining to prevent irritation on the hair coat.
- BALLISTIC NYLON CONSTRUCTION - this is our strongest blanket on the market, made of a very high denier 1080D nylon thread that is densely woven into a 2x2 basket weave, which makes this blanket incredibly tough and cut, tear, or damage resistant.
- RIPSTOP OUTER SHELL - this blanket features a 1200D ripstop ballistic nylon construction that is extremely tear and cut-resistant, meaning that you can leave your horse in the barn or at pasture without the worry of a blanket tear.
- TWO YEAR LIMITED MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY - this blanket comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty through Derby Originals, which protects against manufacturing and quality defects.
This turnout blanket is sized in the same manner that you will size any other horse blanket: by measuring, in inches, from the center of your horse’s chest to the end of your horse’s rump. If your horse is in-between sizes, we recommend sizing up to the closest available size.