Our 600D Ripstop Nylon Waterproof Heavyweight Winter Horse Blanket Hood was designed to provide an extra layer of protection against the elements, even in the most severe weather, for your horse’s sensitive neck. This no-rub turnout hood will not rub or damage your horse’s mane and is great for preventing snow, rain, or mud from getting on the hair. This hood has 150 grams of polyfill evenly distributed throughout it to help warm your horse and prevent chills. This hood is a great option for horses that are competing or showing during the winter season who need their manes protected, are clipped or shaved, or just need a little extra warmth.
Waterproof Construction: this blanket hood is made from a waterproof nylon material covered in a Teflon coating. These blankets are guaranteed to be fully waterproof unless the blanket is ripped/torn, or the Teflon coating is damaged through improper washing or cleaning, or abuse of the blanket.
- RIPSTOP NYLON OUTER SHELL - this blanket hood features a 600D ripstop nylon construction that is extremely tear and cut resistant, meaning that you can leave your horse in the barn or at pasture without worry of a hood tear.
- THE PERFECT BLANKET HOOD - this blanket is the perfect winter blanket hood for almost any horse and climate, due to its highly adjustable design, hefty 190g of Polyfil, and sturdy ripstop nylon shell.
- COMFORTABLE FIT - this blanket hood has a soft 210T nylon inner lining to prevent irritation on the hair coat or mane, and a cozy 195g of Polyfil to keep your horse warm in the worst weather.
- QUICK ATTACH SNAPS - this hood attaches to your blanket via three adjustable heavy-duty swiveling snaps, which allows you to adjust the placement of your hood for the best fit possible, and put it on/off with ease.
- ONE YEAR LIMITED MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY - this blanket hood comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty through Derby Originals, which protects against manufacturing and quality defects.
This blanket hood is designed with the average horse in mind, and the sizing is based off that. A Small size will fit larger ponies, cobs, and smaller horses, a Medium fits most average horses or thick-necked cobs, a Large fits most larger sized horses, and an X-Large fits larger, thick-necked horses or warmbloods and some light drafts.
Blanket Style: Turnout Hood
Weight: Heavy Weight
Tail Cover: N/A
Wither Protector: N/A
Shoulder Gussets: N/A
Inner Lining: 190T Nylon
Belly Closure: N/A
Leg Straps: N/A
Colors Available: Black with Grey Trim
Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large